In fiber optics technology singlemode fiber is one of two types of fiber currently in use. It is a single strand of glass fiber for a single ray (or mode) of light transmission. Singlemode fiber is used for long distance transmission.
Compare with multimode fiber
Source: fiber optic patch cord
- What is fiber optics?
- Stranded loose tube cable technology
- Fiber optic patch cord features
- What is a Fiber Optic Converter
- Bittree to Feature High-Performance Patch Panels for Fiber-Optic and Ethernet Cabling at 2013 NAB Show
- Optical fiber cabling installation can unlock advanced IP features
- Patent Issued for Fiber Optic Cables and Assemblies and the Performance
- Distribution Style Pulling Eye Fiber Optic patch cord
- MPO fiber optic patch cable
- What is Fiber Optic Pigtail?